Science at Seven Mills is led by Sabina.
Our Science curriculum aims to support all children to:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
We believe that science has changed all of our lives and that it is vital to the world’s future prosperity. As a result, all children at Seven Mills are taught essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science.
The Science National Curriculum is cyclical, allowing skills to be built and embedded from year to year. Enquiry skills are explcitly taught and developed.
Our current priorities in Science are:
- To ensure that all statutory scientific knowledge objectives are being planned for and taught for each topic.
- To embed specific working scientifically (WS) objectives in the correct phase/year group.
- To develop a rigorous assessment system for summative assessments in Science